#15.01.2015 “Steel: the material of choice in a sustainable world” – worldsteel’s Twitter debate
On Tuesday 27 January between 14.00 and 15.00 GMT, the World Steel Association (worldsteel) will bring together business leaders, steel associations, and academics at the forefront of the steel industry to take part in a Twitter debate on the future of the steel industry and its contribution to the green economy.
The expert panel will include:
- Edwin Basson: Director General, worldsteel (moderator)
- Gordon Irons: Emeritus Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, McMaster University
- Sajjan Jindal: Chairman and Managing Director, JSW Steel
- Karl Koehler: CEO, Tata Steel in Europe
- Tom Gibson: President and CEO, American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI)
- Julian Allwood: Professor of Engineering and the Environment, University of Cambridge
Today, the steel industry employs more than eight million people worldwide, produces 1.6bn tonnes of steel, and spends over $12 billion annually on improving the manufacturing process, new product development and future breakthrough technology. Steel not only plays a key role in the world’s economic lifecycle but we are also an industry committed to achieving a vision of a more sustainable world.
What are your thoughts on steel and sustainability? Join for this exciting event on 27 Jan and have your questions answered. Follow #steeltalks on Twitter.com