#30.03.2023 APEAL IS HIRING!
We are looking for a Junior Regulatory Affairs Officer starting in May to replace a colleague who is on leave. The position is based at our offices in Brussels, and involves frequent external meetings, and occasionally some travel abroad. The position is for six months but the contract is extendable.
Main responsibilities are:
- Monitor regulatory developments in chemical and food contact legislation. REACH is currently undergoing a revision under the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability;
- Support the association with advocacy around the Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation (PPWR) which is under discussion in the European Parliament and the Council;
- Support the association with drafting position and advocacy papers, organising and participating in meetings with Commission officials, Members of the European Parliament and attachés from the Working Party on the Environment (Council);
- Project management and follow-up of two R&D projects of major importance to the steel for packaging sector;
- Ensure secretariat of relevant internal APEAL working groups and contribute to the daily operation of the office;
- Represent the association at events and conferences on relevant legislation.
- University degree in economics, law, political science, engineering, scientific degree or related fields;
- Master in European Studies is a plus;
- 1 year minimum of professional experience, ideally also a traineeship in one of the EU institutions;
- Sound understanding of the functioning of the EU Institutions;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English, other EU language an asset (German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Slovak or others);
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), diplomatic and organisational skills;
- Ability to build consensus and develop commonly agreed positions;
- Resilient personality and ability to work independently with tight deadlines and in a multi-cultural team;
- A high level of self-motivation;
- Excellent practice of MS Office;
- Willingness to travel in the EU on a short-term basis;
- Short-term availability.
The selected candidate will join a team of 5 highly motivated colleagues. APEAL offers a full-time contract in Brussels under Belgian law (at university level). Working week of 40 hours including 1 day of home office (an allowance is foreseen to cover costs).
Competitive salary and benefits (meal vouchers, phone subscription, health insurance etc) according to qualifications.
Deadline for applications: 14 April COB.
Please send your cv and cover letter to the association’s Secretary General Alexis Van Maercke: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mark: “Junior Regulatory Affairs Officer” in the subject of your application.
Please note that only three to five shortlisted candidates will be contacted latest by the 26 of April. The first interview will be online. The second and final round will be in the APEAL premises. Possible travel costs (economy class) can be reimbursed if supporting documents are provided. Starting date mid-May (week 20 or 21).